Child gets easily tired, developed limp, trip and fall, bleeding nose and rashes all over the body. Advice?

Hi my 3 year old is small for his age he gets tired easily it also looks like he has developed a limp which courses him to trip and fall when he runs and recently on two occations has had a bleeding nose once he woke up from bed with it and one when he was crying and just this morning he woke up with a rash all over his body. Pls help.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 29 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Do not panic.
If there is a limp in any one leg please exclude local injuries and consult an orthopedic.
Bleeding of the nose is common in small children because they keep pricking their nose.
If bleeding is associated with non blanching rash then hematological disorders must be excluded.
Simple bleeding can be stopped by application of ice pack to the local area.
If the rash is itchy apply calamine lotion to the local areas.
If the symptoms increase please consult your pediatrician.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Child gets easily tired, developed limp, trip and fall, bleeding nose and rashes all over the body. Advice? 9 hours later
Thanks for the reply I took him to see a pediatrition today and he was diagnosed with scarlet s desease. :(
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 10 hours later
Do not worry...scarlet fever is an disease caused by a bacteria called is easily curable with antibiotics.There will be exfoliation of skin after a few days.treat it with a good quality moisturizer.
he will get well very soon.