Chest tightness, pain, shortness of breath, dizziness upon exertion. Does he need immediate attention?

My husband (54) went to the emergency room on Friday, had cardio XXXXXXX showed no blockage. Symptoms include tightness in the chest, some pain (achy), shortness of breath, dizzy upon exertion. Doctor said he will see him in 2 weeks to determine problem and gave him nitro spray for pain if he needs it. Should he go to a different emergency room?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified interventional cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
If I were to summarize the situation: Fifty year old gentleman complains of some aches and tightness in chest not associated with shortness of breath (does not become out of breath) when pain is there. A recent coronary angiography did not reveal any significant lesion. His cholesterol is normal.
He is non diabetic. Not a known smoker (CORRECT ME WHERE I AM WRONG)
After coronary angiography for pain the treating doctor prescribed nitroglycerine spray. Now my question, what happens to his symptoms by use of this spray that would the doctor suspected coronary spasm as the cause of his pain. Or he never used the spray. Apparently, he is getting symptoms, you are entitled for second opinion but get the CD of previous coronary angiography transferred by internet to the new doctor and whether you want to show in ER or to another sub specialist - Cardiologist. In the interim if you have any question for me I shall be only to glad to answer it the soonest. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW