Chest pain radiating to neck and shoulder. Had stent inserted in coronary artery. Should I worry?

Pain in the upper part of chest going up to the neck and radiating to the shoulder. Had a stent inserted in left main coronary artery last Friday. Should I worry?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 40 minutes later

Yes, this may be angina, so you should take care.

Any pain in chest radiating to shoulder or neck could be anginal chest pain and you should take a sub lingual tab of sorbitrate and see you get relief of pain and get your ECG done as soon as possible to see any changes in that to decide future course of action.

You have coronary artery disease, and 90% narrowing in left main coronary is treated by angioplasty and stent placement, it removes narrowing and increases blood flow to the heart.
After the procedure, certain Antiplatelet drugs like Aspirin and Colpidogrel along with beta-blocker and statin (Atorvastatin) drugs are given, also nitroglycerine or isosorbide are given to the patients.

This is only 1 week of your procedure you must not ignore the pain.

I feel you should contact your cardiologist at the earliest.

I think this should guide you to take required action and you should be fine then.
If you have any more questions, I will be happy to answer that.

Please take care of your health.

My good wishes to you.
Follow-up: Chest pain radiating to neck and shoulder. Had stent inserted in coronary artery. Should I worry? 1 hour later
Thank you, I will.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 5 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Keep me posted on the progress.

I hope everything comes OK.

You may ask me a query directly at this link next time, if you wish.

Do write a review if you are content with the answer.