Chest pain, palpitations, swelling in the leg. Have Hypertension, COPD and Asthma. Remedy?

chest pain/pressure and palpationsi have been having chest pain and fullness and have noticed my chest palpating for a week. however, it is getting worse, and laying down or exerting myself emotional and physically makes it worse. i have high blood pressure copd asthma. i am taking a blood pressure med with a diruetic and my doc prescribed an extra diruetic due to moderate bilateral leg swelling which as not helped. what should i do, i also have shortness of breath
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ravindra L Kulkarni 1 hour later

Based on your history, your main complaints are:
1. High Blood pressure
2. Bilateral pedal oedema
3. Breathlessness on exertion
4. Palpitations.

All these symptoms indicate towards underlying 'Heart disease'. Treatment with diuretics also indicates the underlying heart problem.

To come to more specific conclusion based on your history, I will need few more details about your health. Please provide me with the following details:
1. Your age, gender and blood pressure readings
2. Duration of your illness
3. Any investigations like electrocardiogram or echocardiography done in past
4. Any other associated illnesses like diabetes
5. History of similar problems since childhood
6. Any history of allergies in the past
7. Are you having noisy breathing / any noise when you get breathless on exertion?

Answers to the above queries will help me understand your problem better and to address them.

Awaiting your reply.