Chest pain, elevated liver enzymes. EKG shows heart blockage and murmur. Causes for elevated liver levels?

my husband just got back his liver level of 300 what is this
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

As I believe that more information helps a physician arrive at an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to tell me the detailed report/ upload the reports in the section on the right.

Liver function test comprises of different parameters as SGOT/AST and SGPT/ALT and these are the most common enzymes along with some others.

Kindly provide the details of his report and symptoms present so that I can guide you further.

Anticipating your reply
Follow-up: Chest pain, elevated liver enzymes. EKG shows heart blockage and murmur. Causes for elevated liver levels? 46 minutes later
The doctors office just called and told him this so thats all the information i have.he has never gone to the doctor before this atleast in the seventeen years i have been with him he had a ekg that said he had a blockage on the right side of his heart and a murmur.I know he may have had a drink or two earlier he is doing this to get into a treatment facility and he wanted to make sure he was healthy enough for this he was also having chest pains that radiated to the right and are still occurring.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 30 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

It seems that the liver enzymes have been elevated but it is difficult to comment without knowing that which one is abnormal.

Usually they can be raised due to various reasons as fatty liver, alcohol consumption, hepatitis, cirrhosis as well as sedentary lifestyle.

Since he has a history of right sided block and is also complaining of chest pain it is better to get him completely evaluated once to rule out the exact cause of chest pain and deranged liver value so that the appropriate treatment can be started soon.

Wishing him Good health!

Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.