Chest, lungs and back feels cold. Have depression/anxiety. Had gallbladder removed. Have palpitations. Remedy?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
My chest, lungs and back feel really icy and cold. I think I'm also having palpitations.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 50 minutes later

Thank you for your question.

I note you had your gall bladder removed a few days ago. This is a relatively major operation and will take some time to recover from. At your age of 27 years the likelihood is that you will not suffer any problems. However, one of the complications that is known to occur post-operatively is infection. The symptoms you describe could possibly be due to infection.

They could also be due to anxiety which you already suffer from.

My advice would be to check your temperature. If it is normal then continue as you are and rest. If it is raised then it may be you are developing an infection and you should consult your doctor who may prescribe antibiotics.

I hope this advice is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr K A Pottinger