Chemical peeling done on face. Burning on applying Glyaha. Uneven skin tone. Home remedy?

Dermatologist
Question
Its been a month that i had a chemical peel on my face...and as advised by the dermat i apply GLYAHA at night ...i am still having a burning sensation on some parts after applying it?is there any problem?i also have dark patches on my skin that is uneven skin tone...my forehead and chin area is comparatively darker than my face...can u please help?what should i be applying?somebody told me that applying lemon on these areas might help.
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Follow-up: Chemical peeling done on face. Burning on applying Glyaha. Uneven skin tone. Home remedy? 1 minute later
please tell me how to deal with uneven skin tone...

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 11 hours later
Hello
I went through your problem. You seem to have dermatoheliosis. Chemical peels may produce problems as you mentioned. I suggest the following for you
1. Use of any sun screens in the morning and noon
2. Use of mild steroid cream like desonide for two weeks
3. Use of botanical depigmentiontinued for manyng creams like kojic cream after two weeks
You seem to be not tolerating to glycolic. Hence you may stop.
Citric acid may also produce peeling effect. You can use it if you are tolerating.
All these treatment are to be continued for many months
Have a good day
Prasad pvs

Follow-up: Chemical peeling done on face. Burning on applying Glyaha. Uneven skin tone. Home remedy? 13 hours later
Thanx a lot sir,i also wanted to ask you that i end up ending scars on my hands and legs whenever there is a cut or an insect bite...and these scars never tend to fade leading to a lot of scars on my hands(arms),leg...is there any possible way to get rid of those scars and any way to avoid such scars.thank you.

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 59 minutes later
hello
Please understand that there are no effective medicines for scars. I do only scar removal laser whici is costly and you may need three or four sittings at monthly intervals. Since it is costly we do only for acne and pox scars on face.
Alternatively subcision may be helpful for which you may consult your dermatologist. All these may give you 50% improvement
Thanks and good night
Prasad pvs