Chemical burn on face from oxi magic, swollen eyelid. Taking ibuprofen. Suggest remedy

I have a chemical burn on my face from Oxi Magic (cleaning powder for washing clothes). I few sprinkles got in my eye and so I washed it out for several minutes. I didn't think I got it anywhere else, but now, 4 days later, I have welts and burns with blisters on my face that are very painful. Also this morning, my eye that I washed out, has a slightly swollen eyelid. I have used ibuprofen and cold water compresses but it is still painful.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi B,
Thanks for writing in.
You have suffered chemical burn with irritant reaction of skin.
You will need a course of oral antibiotics for 5-7 days.
Also a topical steroid cream like hydrocortisone 1% cream along with topical antibiotic like fusidic acid would help a lot.
Continue Ibuprofen for few more days.
A visit to dermatologist/general physician would be helpful for assesing the condition and allowing prescription medicine to be started.
If you can upload the photo of the affetced area ,it would allow to provide more specific advise.Photos can be uploaded by using UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS section on right side of this box.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.