Chances of getting pregnant after unprotected sex?

Hi doc. I recently had an intercourse with my girlfriend and not long after I've realized that the condom that I was using came off not long after I ejaculated. I then had to retrieve the condom from my girlfriend. My query is. Can she get pregnant by this incident? Thank you so much for your kind assistance.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 20 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for asking

Slipping off the barrier device or codom can cause pregnancy if it is a mid cycle or ovulatory period.To be on safer side she can take an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hrs of the intercourse under doctor's guidance and prescription.

Best wishes
If you want to ask anything else you are always welcome
Follow-up: Chances of getting pregnant after unprotected sex? 9 hours later
Hi doc,

Just wondering. Her last period she had was on the 26th of February. The intercourse was on the 15th of march. She thinks her next period should be on the 26th of march. If she is right, then as of today she is 4 days late. What do you think about this? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 14 hours later

Welcome once again

As she is overdue by 4-5 days so there can be chances of pregnancy and for that she can do urine test for pregnancy at home. As you had an intercourse on 17th day of the cycle, sometimes there can be delayed ovulation and to be on safer side do the pregnancy test at home and if negative wait for one week for the periods to come.If she doesn't start periods after a week then you should repeat the test and consult your doctor.

Best wishes and good luck