Chances of getting leukaemia or cancer if exposed to electromagnetic fields?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I recently read about electromagnetic fields in cars. I measured my car with a Gauss meter and found that the passenger seat and back seat on the passenger side were very high, like 100 mG. I fear that I have put my daughter in that seat and also drove around in this car while pregnant. Could I have exposed my daughter now (or while in my belly) to increased levels of getting leukemia or any other cancer. I am very worried and concerned. Thank you for your assistance.

Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
First of all, let me reassure you that you or your daughter does not have any additional risk of getting leukaemia or any other cancer.
The risk of getting exposed to electromagnetic fields in cars especially hybrid cars have been misrepresented. As of now, based on the research, there is no additional risk of cancer among drivers or occupants of these cars.
I hope it clarifies. Please get back for any follow up queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: Chances of getting leukaemia or cancer if exposed to electromagnetic fields? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor,

Thank you for your answer. We also live about .25 miles from high voltage power lines, seperated by woods and other homes. I have measure the fields in my home and they are very low, under 2mG. Do I have any reason to be worried about ioninzing dust and other air particles or other factors from these high speed power lines that will harm us?

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Thank you for getting back with more details.
Again, there is no need to worry regarding the high voltage power lines. There is no risk of any cancer or any other disease with them.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM