Causes for severe cough with pain in upper back

Rheumatologist
Question
Hello I have a very bad cough for about 2 weeks now my chest kills goes to my upper back as well hurts the most when I move my head to the right. What could this be? Thank you
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the problem I will like to tell you that what ever symptoms you are telling that are suggestive of that you have got pneumonia earlier and the pain that you are saying may be due to pleurisy that is due to irritation of pleura . It generally settles on its own but a normal paracetamol can be taken if the pain is uncomfortable . But still if it continues then you will need to see a pulmonolgist for this . A repeat chest X ray may be required if your treating doctor feels . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Causes for severe cough with pain in upper back 6 minutes later
thank you. should I go see my doctor?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, In my opinion you can wait for some time to let it settle if it does not improve see your doctor . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Causes for severe cough with pain in upper back 23 minutes later
thank you

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, It is a pleasure if I would of been of any help to you . Dr. Shruti