Causes for rining in ear and headache

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
I am 37, healthy. I had a lump on a mole next to my ear a few weeks back. The lump went away after a couple days..but my ear is soar and I have had slight headaches. Also I feel ringing, popping of my ears constantly. My head feels full of pressure. Last week, showing an apartment ( I work in an apartment community of 550 units / 13 acres) I didn't know where I was. I also used the wrong keys, the next day,to get in to our laundry room. Driving is difficult.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 1 hour later
hello and welcome to XXXXXXX I am Dr Sriram Nathan an ENT surgeon who has had a fair share of experience in treating problems of the ear nose and throat. First of all let me assure you that what you are feeling may be just because of stress or a mild infection and in all probability it will go away if you reduce the same. But since you have also complained of headache with ear fullness and confusion I would like to make sure that we rule out anything sinister. In any case you may do these- - reduce your work stress and take rest for a couple of days and see if that helps - reduce the amount of salt in your diet and tale plenty of water - if the swelling is now gone, I will not be worried of the same as in all probability it would have nothing to do with the problems you are facing right now - since driving is difficult, I would recommend you do not drive for a week or two till you feel competely better If your symptoms do not improve the I would definitely advice you to take a CT Brain and full blood work up and get back to me or any ENT consultant with the report so that a proper evaluation can be done. Wishing you a speedy recovery and if you have any more doubts you can definitely ask them regards Dr Sriram Nathan