Cause of red patch in eye?

I've developed a red patch in my rye. What could this be due to? Please advice!
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 13 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for sending your query to us. This patch in all probability is a condetion which is called as sub conjunctival hemorrhage.This is singularly without pain or discomfort and causes no other difficulty.In case if there is pain or discomfort,then you have to get back to us. A hemorrage like this requires no tt and you may need a lubricant drop for about a week or so at XXXXXXX ,and this resolves spontaneously. Any difficulty,please do get back to us.