Cause of low grade fever, cold, cough, and dark green phlegm?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I've had a cold and cough for a week and now my phelm is dark green and yellow, and I have a very low grade fever, don't feel like myself and wondering if I have an infection or just a cold?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic, I have gone through your history, the symptoms you are having- cough with expectoration, cold and fever are the symptoms of lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI). As you are having cough with green and yellow mucus expectoration it is commonly seen in a bacterial infection of the lungs. If it would have been a simple cold this would have come down by this time. For your symptoms I would suggest you to 1.Take Steam Inhalation 2.Oral Antihistamines 3. Oral Broad spectrum Antibiotics 4. Expectorant cough syrup You can take these medicines by consulting your doctor and getting the prescription from him. Hope i have answered your query, if any queries feel free to post. Thank you.