Cause of headache and tenderness despite taking Panadol and Panadeine?

I have constant headaches which come on at times suddenly and seem with vengeance and my head seems to be tender even to the touch. I have tried panadol and panadeine to no avail I am currently taking high blood pressure pills I am anxious and always seem to be tired . What could be the cause. ? Recently I slipped and knocked my right temple on the corner of a table and since then I seem to have regular haedaches . Please help me if you can
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: This seem two issues. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. Your routine headaches prior to head injury are likely due to high BP and anxiety.Things that can help in this case are good BP control with medications, moderate exercises, yoga, meditation, breathing exercise,balance diet, adequate fluid intake, avoiding addiction , good sleep, stress and anxiety management.And if at all needed medications for anxiety. No headache becoming regular after head injury worries me, because such headaches can be due to contusions or small bleeds as well. Ideal step in such cases is to get a clinical examination and if needed a brain scan done.I would strongly recommend a visit to your doctor, even if there are chances that i might just turn out a precautionary visit.Mean while mild painkillers can be tried. Hope this helps.Regards.