Cause of blood in mucus and reddish bump inside mouth on upper lip?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please meet your doctor! Detailed Answer: Hello! The bump on the upper lip can just be a mucus retention cyst, which is a very common swelling on the lips and is easily treatable with antibiotics and hexidine mouth wash! However I am worried about your other complaint, that is coughing up mucus stained with blood, this is a cause of concern and can be due to a host of causes including lower respiratory tract infection to an auto immune disorder. If you persistently see cough with and blood stained mucous, it warrants medical attention at the earliest. The doctor after a complete examination would order routine blood hemogram and X-rays and guide you further. Let me know if you have need any more information. Take care
People also viewed
- Blood clot in brain symptoms
- Lump inside mouth upper lip numbness
- Inside of mouth upper lip raw
- Is swelling of the feet or lower legsarm, back, or jaw pain a side effect of arimidex?
- What are narcotics prescribed for
- Treatment for mucus in throat
- Inside mouth upper lips itch
- Side effects of delestrogen injection
- Is swelling of the eyes, face, lips, throat, or tongue a side effect of levothyroxine?
- Is sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or inside the mouth a side effect of etidronate?
- Heart disease stem cell treatment
- Is continuous ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears a side effect of ranexa?
- Lump in mouth inside upper lip
- Is continuing ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears a side effect of septra ds?
- Bumps inside upper lip