Cataract oparation done. Eyes gets red and watery after skipping medicine. Any suggestions?

Hello Doctor,My mom had CATARACT operation before two months. Doctor gave some medicines for her to put in her eye if she skip any drop she has watery red eyes with swelling is there anything wrong with her eyes she is diabitic too time of operation sugar was down she skip her sugar medicine redish and watery eyes happened oftenly if she skip her medicine. She lived in India any suggestions that we could do for her any good specialist she lives in UP.
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX,

Cataract operation is not a troublesome procedure now a days. Still, there is such disturbance to normal corneal layers which may cause some problems like infection or photophobia.

Your mom got operated 2 months back and still have watering at time suggests there is some infection which is not responding completely for medication.

It will better to contact same ophthalmologist for the symptoms as he/she knows the past history and intraoperative changes properly.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
I would still prefer that your mother gets back to the primary operating ophthalmologist.

Hope I have answered your query.