Cardiac patient. On covance and nebicard. Beta blocker is causing erectile dysfunction. Any suggestion?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I am a cardiac patient who suffered from IHD 11 years back.. I take Covance D and Nebicard in the morning.. I am healthy now but the beta blocker is causing ED.. how do i manage this..

Secondly im planning to go for a long trek.. is it ok to carry on tough treks after taking the bp medicines
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your medicines can be changed

Detailed Answer:

My plain answer for first part of your question is there are other medicines without Erectile Dysfunction (ED) as side effect and you can get switched over to.
But I would like to know when you say IHD what was exact diagnosis and how is you current heart status and any other medicines you are taking. Also there could be reasons other than Medicines for for ED. Please get an evaluation by urologist too.

Answer to second part is if you are comfortable walking long stretches and if your stress test is fine its ok for you to take BP medicines and trek. In fact it is mandatory to take those medicines.
Follow-up: Cardiac patient. On covance and nebicard. Beta blocker is causing erectile dysfunction. Any suggestion? 6 hours later
I had a heart attack 11 years baack. There was a clot. That was when I was 34.

I take Cloptet and tonact too.

I have been very normal since the attack and my heart is functioning well.. I can jog and do heavy exercises in gym too. I have to reduce my weight by 10Kg though...

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Look good. Have Tmt done before your trek

Detailed Answer:
looks good. looking at over all picture. I guess you are fit to go on trek but should be on medicines. but better to have Tmt test done to make sure everything is fine