Can we give avil as anti allergic to 3 year old kid?

ENT Specialist
Can we give avil as anti allergic to 3year old kid. My daughter is having allergy and I have only avil25 at home . Can I give her.
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 58 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Avil (pheniramine maleate) is the anti-allergic of choice for very young children.

2. If you do not have the syrup, you will have to give 1/2 (half or 12.5 mg) of a tablet of 25 mg.

3. Do not repeat the dose before consulting a Pediatrician.

4. You must be aware that there are numerous side effects and watch out for the sedative effects .

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.