Can the nasal pyramid be repaired naturally ?

ENT Specialist
I played with my nose for a while and put pressure on the cartilage and bridge bone..and I think they grew bigger now. If I leave them alone will they go back to their original size
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 35 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. The front of the nasal pyramid is made up of cartilages below and bone above. Every time you tug, pull, stretch, press and twist the nose, small microscopic cracks may develop within the delicate cartilage. When these XXXXXXX tears heal, the resultant fibrosis distorts the nose so slightly that the changes may not be immediately visible, but tend to build up over long periods of time.
If there is some swelling, it will subside, however, you cannot control this process.

2. If you have dislocated a cartilage from the bone, you may need professional examination. I assume that the overlying nasal skin is not bruised or has not changed in color.

If this is a one off incident (and the change in shape is slight). there is no cause for worry and your nose should look normal in a few days.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.