Can stiff neck,throat and gurgling stomach lead to petechiae?

I had a cold for two weeks a week after I went to er for stomach pain and constant gurrling stomach I was told gerd via the er. Was prescribed 40mg protonix and sulfrcrate. My PC dr took me off the sulfrcrate but kept me on the protroix, I been on the protonixfor 3 months now.the last week I have a stiff neck and left arm and sholder feel week.i still have gurrling stomach when laying down and out of no where I suddenly devloped petechiae on my forarm. I only took protonix and asprin the day it happened, what could it be ? Can the petechiae be related to the stiff neck/throat and gurgling stomach?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Petechia not related to neck/stomach problem Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX The petechia in the forearm is unlikely to be related to neck and stomach problem. Its more likely to be due to Aspirin(antiplatelet agent). Intake of Aspirin may cause qualitative ( defect in function) defect in platelt and may lead to petechia. There is no cause for concern if the petechia are localized. Consult your Physician if the petechia increase or recur. In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD
Follow-up: Can stiff neck,throat and gurgling stomach lead to petechiae? 10 hours later
Thank you for your response on the petechia. It was localized . I have read the side effects of protonix . Could the protonix be causing my stiff neck/throat and one arm? I cant really tell if its my neck or throat that is stiff . Im taking generic protoinx because the brand name is quite expensive. And how long really should i be taking protonix ? I have heard long term use causes more harm then good. Sorry for the typos via my touch phone in my orginal question.All my blood work both times in er once for the stomach pain and then a trip there for the petechia came out clear .same as my PC doctor did follow up blood work
Brief Answer: Long term use of Pantoprozole not advisable Detailed Answer: Greetings Long term empirical use of Pantoprozole which is a proton pump inhibitor is not advisable( as you are already aware of possible adverse effects). If the symptom persist persists after discontinuation( if discontinued after 2 months of intake) it's a valid indication for an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy to rule out non healing ulcer as the cause for persistent/recurrent ulcer. Also possibility of H Pylori( based on your geographical location) should be considered as cause for continued use of Pantoprozole or recurrence of symptoms after discontinuing. Pantoprozole is not associated with side effect profile of neck stiffness and throat symptoms. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD