Can staphylococcus affect fertility?

Question
Can staphylococcus affect fertility?
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 41 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Infection with staphylococcus can definitely affect your fertility. Infection if reach to oviduct can block these also.

As you require examination and evaluation, should consult a Gynaecologist. Culture and sensitivity of vaginal swab helps in identification of causative organism and effective drugs.

Your husband should also get his Semen examined.

If your menstrual cycles are regular, you should use ovulation prediction kit to find out the date of ovulation and should have physical relation with your husband on the day of ovulation & for a few days thereafter for better results.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, I will be happy to help you. If you don't require further clarification, please close the discussion by accepting the answer and rating it as per your satisfaction.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Can staphylococcus affect fertility? 1 hour later
I've been to the doctors and they have been no help,my partner has been checked all ok with him, But they said as I have had no symptoms I should be ok, I feel ok in myself and it's just really worrying, because I have read up some stuff on the Internet thank you I have been pushing to see a gynaecologist but they said wait a few months for your body to get back to normal, I just want to know if there are problems makes me worry more,
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 5 hours later

Thanks for writing again,

Since you are trying to conceive for one year, but not getting success, you require examination and evaluation including detailed history by a experienced Gynaecologist, and investigations accordingly.

Whether infection with staphylococcus has done any harm to you or not, could be known only through investigations. Suppose it has blocked your oviducts, you will be requiring Tubal patency test. And blocked tube might not show any external symptoms. If tubes are not blocked, other test sonography of abdomen/follicular study might be required.

In my opinion there is no need to wait for a few months. You can consult a Gynaecologist right now. Thus please consult a gynaecologist of your area as early as possible.

With good wishes,