Can small painless bumps on penis after unprotected oral sex be a sign of STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
hi i am 38 year old male, 3 days agao i noticed one small bump at the shaft of my penis, and there is hair over it, its skin coloured , not red, painless, and don't feel any itchy or burning, six months ago i received unprotected oral sex from an escort and I got all negative tests for HIV, gonorrhoea,chlamydia and syphilis three months after that, 2 weeks ago in a massage parlour i engaged in mutual masturbation with a lady, no oral or any form of penetrative sex, my concern is this bump an std and do i need to do all the tests again after this exposure.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need More information+Clear pictures of the lesion Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern on XXXXXXX Though your blood tests (for HIV, gonorrhoea,chlamydia and syphilis) came clear 3 months after the sexual contact, i guess (though you did'nt mention) you did'nt had any symptoms on the days following that sexual contact (like burning micturation, urethral discharge, genital ulcers or inguinal nodes). Going through your query, STDs like Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chancroid, Herpes seem unlikely but i need to rule out certain other STDs like Genital warts and molluscum contagiosum too. I must enlighten you a little bit about these two STDs. Both of them are asymptomatic growths/bumps. >Genital warts. Genital warts are the most common sexually transmitted disease. Pink-brown or skin-colored bumps which are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). Genital warts may have a smooth surface or a surface with a cauliflower appearance. They may appear anywhere on the male genitals, the thighs, the pubis or the lower abdomen. >Molloscum contagiosum: Small dome-shaped bumps with a central depression. They may occur on the penis, scrotum, inner thighs or pubis. >Other cause of the bump could be something totally unrelated to an STD like a Cyst(Sebaceous cyst OR Epidermoid cyst) Therfore, i would like to gather some more information from you about the bump whether it is over the skin Or is it deeper?(can you move skin over it?). I would be greatly helped if you can upload a picture of the lesion with good clarity. It would be easy to give an accurate diagnosis if i have an opportunity to have a look at the lesion. take care regards

Follow-up: Can small painless bumps on penis after unprotected oral sex be a sign of STD? 1 hour later
Dear Doctor, Thanks for your answer, I have uploaded my penis photo, the bump is so small that only when thepenis is erect you can feel it, on flaccid state you have to pinch the skin to feel it. Can you make out from the pic if there is a wart? also as informed you i engaged in mutual masturbation 2 weeks ago where i fingered a vagina and got a hand job in return, no oral or penetrative sex involved. Do you think STD testing is required after this episode. thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not an STD Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for the picture. Its not a Wart nor is it Molluscum Contagiosum. It must be a very small cyst (better felt than visualized). I would advice that you leave it alone if its not bothering you much. It might remain as it is OR decrease in size by itself. If at all it is required to remove it due to increase in size, it needs to be done surgically. I think you can stop worrying about your last sexual contact. Testing not required for it. take care regards

Follow-up: Can small painless bumps on penis after unprotected oral sex be a sign of STD? 8 minutes later
Thankyou Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 minute later
Brief Answer: You are Welcome Detailed Answer: Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX regards