Can see pulse in chest and neck. Worth worrying?

I can see my pulse in my chest and neck, should I be worried?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
A noticeable pulsating vein in the chest and neck is enough to cause distress. It is usually seen in thin built individuals where there is lesser subcutaneous fat- a fat is a cushion layer that is normally present beneath our skin and covers up all these superficial structures to give a smooth looking skin. A thinner layer of subcutaneous fat is not able to conceal the superficial veins properly which can be seen from outside.

Let me reassure you that it is just a normal variation and you need not be distressed. A painless visible pulsating vein is not a health problem.There is no major health concern with you. Do not worry.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.