Can persistent diarrhoea be a result of taking quetiapine,lamotrigine for bipolar disorder and using cocaine?
User rating for this question
my son is using cocaine and is having very persistant diarrhea. I am quite worried about him as he is now denying using it anymore although he is sweating a lot and sometimes has quite bad grimaces and tics that he can't seem to control.He has bipolar disorder and is currently taking, 250mg quetiapine, 200mg lamotrigine, 45 mg mirtazipine, 225 slow release venlefaxine. He also drinks alcohol a lot although he has been told not to. We are very concerned.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer: side effects Detailed Answer: Hi, Your son is possibly having diarrhoea due to taking alcohol and probably cocaine which shouldn't be mixed with medicine he is taking. The diarrhea is due to mixing. He should not consume alcohol or cocaine while taking these medicines. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Can persistent diarrhoea be a result of taking quetiapine,lamotrigine for bipolar disorder and using cocaine? 9 hours later
Okay, how on earth do I get him to stop using this stuff. it's obvious he's doing it but won't admit it. (although he has admitted that he used it last week).
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Deaddiction Detailed Answer: Hi, Please send him to a de addiction or rehabilitation centre. If you are not aware of such centres, please take him to a nearest good psychitric hospital who will counsel him to stop drugs. Regards
People also viewed
- Sertraline sexual side effects
- Sudafed sexual side effects
- Harmful effects of cannabis
- My pulse is 110 bpm standing
- Long-term effects of drugs
- My triglycerides are at 39
- My newborns belly button looks swollen
- Taking lamictal for bipolar disorder why was thorozene prescribed
- Is calan used in the treatment of bipolar disorder?
- My period has been mostly brown blood for months whats wrong with me
- Bipolar disorder taking axetol can dosage be increased
- My doctor wants to do an echo cardio
- Diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia taking treatment suggestions
- Diagnosed with bipolar disorder depression refusing to take medicines
- Heavy marijuana use effects