Can parents with blood type o- and o+ have complications in conceiving?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hello sir,
I have a blood group of O(-) and my wife has blood group as O(+). Is there any problems that can arise during her pregnancy. and if it exists whats are the solutions?

thanks
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later

Usually when a mother's blood group is Rh negative that can affect the baby to some extent, that too from second pregnancy.
But as your wife's blood group is Rh positive no need to worry.
Father blood group will not have much influence on the baby growth in general.
Some articles are telling that O group women will have decreased fertility but there are no proved studies on it.
So you need not worry about your blood groups.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Can parents with blood type o- and o+ have complications in conceiving? 8 minutes later
hello sir,

thanks for your answer...i feel somehow relived

Actually, my wife got pregnant but due to some reason fetus was not developing properly and was forced to abortion. what might be reason behind this?

thanks

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

The possible causes for growth retardation of the fetus and abortion in early weeks of pregnancy are:
Chromosomal abnormalities.
Uterine anomalies.
Hormonal disorders.
Immunological factors etc.
So if the cause of the previous abortion is known, measures can be taken to prevent it in further pregnancy as much as possible.
Your gynecologist can possibly explain the actual cause and the preventive measures.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Can parents with blood type o- and o+ have complications in conceiving? 18 minutes later
thanks madam

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

You are welcome.