Can overdose of Plavix be taken?

My wife is on Plavix 75mg daily plus 1 81mg asa daily. There is a question that she may not have taken the plavix this morning but she is not sure. Shall I give her the 75mg now or just wait until tomorrow. She had her 6th stent inserted about 6 weeks ago. She did take the 1 asa. She is diabetic on insulin plus several other meds.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Following suggestions to missing pill.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your wife's medical history and understood your concerns. You are mentioning that your wife does not remember to be taking the morning pill, I recommend as following: - if it has passed more than 12 hours from the time she should have taken the pill, I suggest not to take the pill until the next day - if it has passed less than 12 hours, then, can take the pill she missed Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: Can overdose of Plavix be taken? 15 minutes later
Suppose she had taken the Plavix already. Would the additional 75mg in one day be a problem? She has been on it as well as 81 mg ASA for about 2 months.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Nothing will happen only increase risk of bleeding Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you for following up. The loading dose of plavix is 600mg before angioplasty and the maintaining dose is 75mg per day. So if your wife had taken a second tablets of plavix (a total of 150 mg) nothing will happen only there’s an increased risk for major gastrointestinal bleedings. To avoid major bleedings I recommend taking Nexium 40 mg and antacids. Hope it was of help! Dr. Bneard