Can nerve pain such as borderline fibromyalgia and myofascial pain cannot be treated?

Spine Surgeon
Question
Can nerve pain such as borderline fibromyalgia and myofascial pain become untreatable?
Thank you
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
post traumatic myofascial pain always annoying

Detailed Answer:
its very common to have prolong body ache after injury. When we can not establish the cause then we term it as fibromyalgia. You are already taking the medicine usually prescribed to treat this problem.
Another way is to try alternative medicine options such as acupressure, yoga and pranayam. It may improve your mental strength to tolerate these symptoms. Local physiotherapy will also help.
Fibromyalgia is more like symptomatic diagnosis rather than actual a disease. If you try to control your symptoms then you will feel comfortable however if you take it as a disease then you will have to suffer more. Thanks.

Follow-up: Can nerve pain such as borderline fibromyalgia and myofascial pain cannot be treated? 38 hours later
Are neck spasms that cause lower facial numbness (llower front lip, jaw and part of tongue) serious? It happens when I get spasms in the front of my neck--by the collarbones.
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
neck spasm has no relation to facial numbness

Detailed Answer:
Neck muscle and face has different nerve supply. However brain perception can cause such situations. I dont think it is a serious issue. However if problem is persistent and happens more frequently then need to be evaluated by neurologist. Thanks.