Can multiple minute digitate hyperkeratosis cause black discharge from skin crack on toes?

A black substance is oozing painlessly from a crack in my skin between my toes. I also have been suffering from multiple minute digitate hyperkeratosis. Could these be related, and is it possible that they could both be the result of subdermal invasion of mycoses?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly attach the photos of your skin problems... Detailed Answer: Hi, Multiple minute digitate hyperkeratosis is a rare condition associated with appearing of tiny spiky hyperkeratotic skin projections. With regards to the substance oozing painlessly from the crack in the skin of your toes could be related to fungal infection of the skin. An examination of the substance (microscopically and culture) for fungal infection is needed for proper evaluation and treatment. Hyperkeratosis is a different skin condition to mycosis and cracked skin with oozing substance. Usually, the treatment of hyperkeratosis involves: - topical keratolytics - topical cream containing tretionin and/or 5-fluorouracil as directed by the dermatologist With regards to the cracked skin with oozing substance, it should be evaluated first by lab test; then, the most appropriate treatment is prescribed using topical antifungal cream. Looking forward to have the photos of your current skin problems to assist you further! Dr.Alba