Can missed period be a indication of pregnancy?

My wife's period delayed by a week. 02/11/2013 is the starting date of her last period. This seems like a pregnancy state. Pls explain am i right? and what are all the steps we need to take from here on? Do's and Dont's related to food and others. Pls guide us.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Home pregnancy test Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. If you are expecting conception and have not used any contraception then there are chances that the delay in the periods could be Pregnancy. I suggest you to confirm the same by getting a home Pregnancy test. If positive do consult a Gynecologist to confirm by scan and also if needed she/he may advice calcium and vitamin supplements. Avoid travelling for 3 months from now. Regards,