Ask a Urologist   »  

Can lightheadedness and itching in left cheek be side effects of cardura?

General Surgeon
I have been using Cardura 1 mg for one week (precribed to me because the prostate size is aliitle bit increased). since 4 days i am feeling lightheadedness with somthing like internal itching at my left cheek, left leg & right foot. I am 53 yrs. should i stop using cardura? and if stopped, when will i get rid of these side effects?? Thanks & regards, XXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: you may stop. 24-48 hrs needed to return to normal Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. The symptoms you are experiencing are known side effects of Cardura (Doxazocin). This drug causes relaxation of your veins and arteries and also relaxes the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier to urinate. Your lightheadedness is due to fall in your blood pressure due to vascular dilatation by this drug. I would suggest that you bring into the notice of your doctor about these side effects that are experiencing, so that he may start you on a different drug. You can discontinue the drug, if the side effects are unacceptable to you. It will take 24-48 hrs to get rid of those side effects after the last dose. Hope that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, I will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma