Can light tan stools be caused by a steroid shot?

General Surgeon
light XXXXXXX stools can it be caused by a stroid shot
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 14 minutes later

Light XXXXXXX of stool can be due to variety of reason. Most common is bleeding from lower part large gut or colon.

Depending upon the amount and duration of bleeding color of stool may vary.

Bleeding from upper part of colon gives altered blood ,so it appear as coffee colored.
Minor fresh bleeding from lower colon or rectum gives light XXXXXXX to stool.

Steroids have plenty of side effects; it can also cause bleeding leading to tanning of stool.

Stop steroids & wait for few days , most probably it will disappear spontaneously.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”