Can kyphosis cause tingling under ribcage?

can kyphosis cause tingling under your ribcage?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Kyphosis can occur in multiple degrees of severity as I am sure you are familiar.

It is possible that the degree of curvature of the spine could put pressure on nerves which can trigger tingling under the rib cage.

Another possible contribute in factor would be a viral infection. The viral infection is referred to as shingles. If you have had the tingling for an extended period of time without a rash the viral infection is extremely unlikely.

As long as you do not have any weakness of any kind then we can suggest that the kyphosis is contributing to your symptoms.

Thank you again for Submittingi your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert