Can injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee after hurting left leg abductor?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Four years ago I hurt my left leg abductor, it has not healed and it still hurst to this day, and the process of limping so much, I have hurt my right knee. The question is can the injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. Yes, injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee. Because weight of your body is now beard by right knee as your left abductor was injured four years ago. You must consult your doctor for your injured left leg abductor so that your right knee and left knee can balance the weight of your body. If your present condition is left unattended then along with right knee, right hip may also get in involved or get damaged causing severe discomfort. I hope you have get your answer. Thanks.