Can i get a mole removed from the inner canthus of eye? Why is it getting large? What procedure to use?

Question
hi, can i get a mole removed from the inner canthus of my eye
...and what kind of procedure can remove it ? ive had it for as long as i can remember and has become a little larger in the corner of my eye . it doesnt hurt ..its just ugly
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
A mole near the inner canthus of eye which is unsightly needs a removal.
You need to consult a Dermatologist/Plastic Surgeon/Cosmetic surgeon to get the mole examined.
Removal of mole can be done either by surgical excision where local anaesthesia will be given by a thin needle surrounding the mole, which feels like a small pinch but the procedure of removal will be painless. After the procedure, dressing and antibiotics will be administered and after a week or two you should be fine. Also new methods like Laser removal can be done. Do discuss with the Cosmetic surgeon in this regard.
Please do not worry as it is a small day care procedure.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Can i get a mole removed from the inner canthus of eye? Why is it getting large? What procedure to use? 9 hours later
thank you for your response ..so i need to see a plastic surgeon instead of a optomologist?
Follow-up: Can i get a mole removed from the inner canthus of eye? Why is it getting large? What procedure to use? 4 minutes later
also i do not have any insurance ..is this procedure very costly?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The cost of procedure varies with the procedure adopted, place, the operating surgeon, etc.
You can consult a plastic surgeon to have a fair estimate.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.