Can heat cause reduction in ball size, disinterest in sex? Testicle scan and hormone test revealed high prolactin

Almost a year ago now I slept with a girl who wanted to sleep with her leg up in my balls.. One night I let her do it, and immediately after I noticed a drop in my libido. I could hardly get an erection, I didn't have any morning wood for about a month, and for about 2 weeks my semen was watery and clear. I know that heat is bad for testicles (her leg felt pretty hot) which is why I didn't let her do it at first, but anyway, it seemed like a completely normal thing for her. My balls also seemed a lot smaller than before for a long time, though they seem to be returning more to normal now. So although I now have more or less normal semen (it still seems clearer than before) and morning movements, my libido is nothing like what it was before, and I can't really get interested in sex. It's been like walking around with a dead animal between my legs for the past year, my balls just feel numb as if they aren't even there, and I feel impotent and uninterested in and disconnected from life. I went to the doctor and they did a testicle scan and a hormone test, and both came back normal, except I have high prolactin which they said was due to stress. Now they're sending me to a psychaitrist. I'm aware that a lot/most of sexual arousal is in the mind, but the lack of sensation and libido seem so phyisical to me. I look at women in the street and try to remember what it was like to feel attracted to them. I also seem to have very little energy these days... What can I do?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 7 hours later

Your problem seems to be more psychological than organic cause. An organic problem would not be so sudden.

A hot leg cannot reduce be size of the testicle and does not reduce the libido or the orgasm of a man. This was also evident with the battery of tests that were conducted by the doctor.

If your male hormone profile and ultrasound of scrotum is normal there is nothing to worry. The last investigation that you can opt for is penile doppler study. If there is no problem in it, your thoughts about a possible trauma should end there. Your doctor has done right thing in referring to a counsellor / Psychiatrist.

Certain medicines like Tadalafil can be prescribed by your Psychiatrist along with counselling just to boost up your confidence. I am sure you will get back normal with a couple of sessions with the doctor.

Hope I answered your query.

Dr. Chandan Choudhary.