Can gynocomastia return after having surgery to correct it?

Can gynocomastia return after having surgery to correct it? Attached is a lab work up for total estrogens. Can the breast tissue regrow with the current levels I have? Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic
Gynecomastia can return even after surgery if the primary cause for enlargement of breast is still present.
Your total estrogen is 83 pg/ml. The reference value of normal according to your report is 40-115. But as I know it is between 15-55 in males. So that means it is slightly high.
May I know what was the diagnosed cause for gynecomastia and when was the surgery done ?
Hope this helped
Follow-up: Can gynocomastia return after having surgery to correct it? 4 hours later
I had the surgery one month ago. My surgeon said it was gyno from puberty. What can I do to lower the chances of it returning? I am not overweight. I have 16 percent body fat and do not do any illegal drugs or steroids. I also eliminated alcohol and dairy from my diet.

Also do you think I need anti estrogen medication
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 17 hours later
Welcome back
If it is pubertal gynecomastia the chance of it returning is very less. Your weight and dietary habits are adequate. Do not worry about it returning.

The ratio of testosterone and estradiol is more important than estradiol alone.
You may do a work up for gynecomastia which includes renal, liver function test, thyroid function test, free or total testosterone, estradiol, Luteinizing hormone( LH), Dehydroepianrosterone sulfate(DHEAS). If this is normal you need not worry about a recurrence.

You need not take any anti estrogen at present.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.