Can exercise affect the test results for AST and ALT?

I just received blood test results. I have high AST (51), high ALT (86) and low Alkaline phosphotase (23). I had fasted 10 hours. I had exercised vigorously two days before the test and was extremely sore. Could that have affected the test results.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 1 hour later

I am not concerned at all with your Liver function test results.

An elevation more than 3 times the normal is of clinical significance and should be associated with clinical signs and symptoms.

As said by a vigorous exercise may elevate the levels which is physiological.

Hope you accept my explanation and I am happy to assist you today.
Follow-up: Can exercise affect the test results for AST and ALT? 25 hours later
My RBC, hemoglobin and hematocrit were also all just under the low end of normal. Is that most likely iron deficiency?
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 17 hours later

Please dont try to jump to conclusions immediately with some reports.
Unless you specify your problem or symptoms, just getting tests wont give you any solution.
Iron deficiency may be suspected on peripheral smear examination under microscope, but may need confirmation with blood test with total iron binding capacity. Just Hb, RBC level will not say about cause of anemia.

WELL, ALL these are complex terminologies, that i wont advice u to fall into, let me just know why do you think you need a doctor or investigations?

Let me know if I can be of an further help.