Ask a Urologist   »  

Can epididymic cyst turn cancerous in future?

sir, I was examined by an urologist before 10 days(on 6/5/2013) for a lump attached to the upper part of my left testicle which was there since 11 years and he said that it is nothing but an epididymic cyst (also he saw the ultrasound report which was done on 26/04/2013 which is attached with this). But said that before seeing the ultrasound report he is sure about the diagnosis and he confirmed it after seeing the ultrasound report. He said that it is not harmful and can be left as it is. If it pains in future then it will be removed by surgery. Today(17/05/2013), when I saw my scrotum (during bath and also after bath) I saw that the skin on that said lump sometimes appears more smooth than the skins on other part of scrotum and some times looks more rough than skin on other areas on testicle. I don't know whether it is psychological or it is cancer ? The urologist said me that there is no cancer in my testicle but can it develop within this period of 10 days ? Sometimes I fell a mild pain for a while when I sit with streatch. During other times there is a mild pain on the testiclular area but it is very very less frequent. Can it be cancer or it is more psychological ? I am afraid sir please help me. What should I do ? My age -32 sex- male
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 18 hours later
Dear Sir,

The urologist has advised you right. You have epididymal cyst and it can lead to some changes in the surronding skin.
However, as suggested by urologist it is not cancer and cancer cannot develop in epididymal cyst.
You should stay reassured and no active intervention needs to be done.

Rajiv Goel