Can diphenhydramine cause ringing in ears?
User rating for this question
can dyphenhydramine build up in vital organs to damaging levels, including permanent ringing of the ears?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear abut this ringing in your ears after taking diphenhydramine. It is called tinnitus in medical terms. It is a recognised side effect of this drug and does not necessarily need to be in high levels for this to happen. This drug is generally transformed into inactive products through metabolism and rarely do we get excess accumulation except in the case of accidental or voluntary excess oral intake. I hope this answers your query fully. feel free to ask for more information if need be. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Diphenhydramine causes yeast infection
- Diphenhydramine cause of bad breath
- Diphenhydramine cause hiccups
- Progesterone susten 200 vt side effects
- Side effects of susten 200 overdose
- Twisted ovarian cyst causes
- Thalassemia major causes
- Lupigest 200 mg,reasons and purpose and side effects
- Can diphenhydramine cause ringing in ears
- Nearsightedness causes
- Can diphenhydramine cause acne
- What are the use if valparin 200
- Evion 200 for which purpose this
- Streptococcal sore throat causes
- Scalp infections causes