Can buffered aspirin be taken with a couple of drinks ?

Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 21 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your query.

Your question is a good one. Regarding low dose aspirin at 81 mg per day and one or two drinks per day, this would be absolutely fine. Drinking alcohol in moderation as you have indicated in your query does not represent a threat to your health. At the same time, the low dose aspirin will provide you with a good health benefit.

I hope my answer has been both adequate and informative and I wish you continued excellent health in the future. If you have followups questions, I am available to answer them.

Dr. Robert Galamaga