Ask a Urologist   »  

Can bladder from urinary retention go back to normal after foley catheter placed and removed?

Can an over distended bladder from urinary retention go back to normal function after 30 days of foley in place then removed?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes after 4 weeks it would return to normal.

Detailed Answer:
yes after 4 weeks bladder function would return to normal but whether you will be able to urinate or not would be determined by what caused the inability to urinate and put in the foley catheter. If the primary problem is not addressed the you might not be able to urinate. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.