Can becosule-z be taken for treatment of mouth ulcers?

Can becosule-z be taken for treatment of mouth ulcers? I am applying mucopain too on the affected area.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer: I need more details. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. It depends on the cause of the ulcer. If they are apthous ulcers , commonly they are because of Nutritional dietary deficiency or due to traumatic injury by teeth. So, if you have any dental issues , consult a dentist. I would like to know following things : 1. Since how long are you having it? 2. At which location exactly is it? In side the mouth or only on side of lips. 3. Any history of ulcers on genitalia , photosensitivity , or unprotected sexual intercourse? 4. Ulcers are painful or painless? 5. Are they recurrent? I need to know these details before we can discuss the treatment part. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: Can becosule-z be taken for treatment of mouth ulcers? 3 minutes later
1.Since 2-3 days 2. Inside the mouth under my lower lip, just at the level of chin 3. No such history 4. It is painful 5. Not recurrent
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Apthous ulcers Detailed Answer: Welcome again. In that case , they are Apthous ulcers. I advice for apthous ulcers following remedies : 1. Tab Zincovit or Becosule - Z once a day for 15 days. 2. Triamcinolone ointment available with trade name Kenacort 0.1% Oral Paste thrice a day locally after food for 3-5 days. 3. Betadine Gargles twice a day. 4. If pain in eating is there , i advice apply Dologel / Mucopain gel 5 minutes before meals as you are already using. I hope this helps. Still if your problem persists after 15 days. Write to me again. If you don't have any further query , you may close the discussion and rate it!