Can balanitis cause swelling of the testicles?

Excellent

Question
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NO IT DOES NOT CAUSE SWOLLEN TESTICLES Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for your query. Balanitis per-se is infection and inflammation of the glans penis region, and if there is associated infection of foreskin, it is called Balanoposthitis. As far as I know, in both of the above conditions, there is NO SCROTAL SWELLING ! If there is pain, swelling and inflammation in testicles, it might be due to inflammation from other causes of testis like, Orchitis, Epididymitis or rarely torsion of testis, which may or may not coexist with balanitis. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS

Follow-up: Can balanitis cause swelling of the testicles? 2 hours later
I asked this question because I had unprotected sex about a month ago and noticed an excess of smegma and red spots on the head of my penis. I had a 10 panel std test from a test center and it all came back negative to include chlamydia and gonorrhea. So, I'm wondering what it can be. I have noticed a slight pain a some swelling on my right testicle and can only presume its from that encounter. I'm wondering if it can be trich or some other kind I std or if it's some sort of bacteria from that girl. I don't have medical insurance so I'd like some advice on what it can be so I can get ready to buy the medicine for it. Some more information about my condition. I do not have pain while urinating nor discharge. The only thin I notice was the red bumps on the head of my penis and the excess smegma. Thank you for the answer.

Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: balanitis it is Detailed Answer: I can now surely assure you that it is balanitis. The inflammatory red papules and excess of dead cells point towards the diagnosis. You are advised to have a USG examination of your testicles to rule out any other causes which is causing swelling there. You are also advised to have a through blood workup and some antibiotic and antiinflammatory drugs to prevent extension of the disease to prepuce. In brief, the cause of scrotal swelling can be found only by ultrasound scan. You can try over the counter antiinflammatory drug - advil 200mg twice a day after food for 3-5 days as you plan to see your surgeon. Regards Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS