Can bad Crabcakes eaten at a restaurant that caused quick vomiting be a source of the infection?

Question
If a person has had alcohol In the 7 hours preceeding a positive H-B blood test can that cause a false positive result? Second question : can bad CRABCAKES eaten at a restaurant that caused quick vomiting be a source of the infection?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Clear Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting a query directly to me. First question: What do you mean by H-B blood test. Is it Hemoglobin test? There is nothing like H-B that I had heard of in my practice? I am sure that is misspelt. Bad crab cakes can be a source of infection. The most common and important symptom noted in GI infection is vomiting. Pl come back to me with more details on first question. I am waiting.

Follow-up: Can bad Crabcakes eaten at a restaurant that caused quick vomiting be a source of the infection? 8 hours later
What I meant was the Hepatitis B blood test.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 hours later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Alcohol intake does not affect the HEp B Test result.