Can anything be done to mimize scars on torso due to childhood operation?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Question
Hi i had an operation over 20 years ago as a child. it has left a long XXXXXXX on my torso and makes it look somewhat deformed. can anything be done to minimise this?
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 33 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
thanks for your query on health care magic
The scars you are talking about is thIe end result of the surgical trauma to your body and body's response to heal itself
The exact treatment for the scar on your torso I can tell you only once I see your scar in person or atleast in a picture.The scar which you are talking about may be hypertrophied in nature , ie. raised above the surface of normal skin , or wide in nature due to improper stitching done at the time of surgery or maybe depressed below the normal skin level.
There are various kinds of treatments that can be done for scars - depending upon the kind of scar we are treating . The best alternative is to do Surgical revision of the scar with the best suturing done with minimal tissuehandling by a plastic surgeon in the resting skin tension lines (RSTL) followed by resurfacing with Fractional hypertrophy we inject triamcinolone which reduces the tendency of hypertrophy of scars followed by silicon sheet application. If the scar is depressed then we need to do subscussion of scar or elevation and filling it with fat by Liposuction. But what modality suits you the most i can say once i see your scar.
I hope i have answered your question , if you have any further doubts feel free to post again .If you do not have more questions then kindly accept my answer.
God Bless
Dr Mayank Singh
Consultant Plastic ,Cosmetic ,hair Transplant & Laser Surgeon
New Delhi ,India