Can abdominal pain and itchy butt be indications of herpes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi I have been having abdominal pain for a couple weeks now the doctors I saw said it was a muscular strain. The symptoms continued so I went to the ER to get some test run the cat scaned my stomach area ultra sounded my testicles and had a blood and urine tests and everything came back negative. I was happy with the result but now the abdominal pain is not as severe but my butt itches sometimes and also sometimes has some pain mostly when sitting and now I noticed blodd everytime I wipe but not in my actual poop that I can see. Please help I freak out a lot and need some help because I think it could be herpes but I never had anal sex I am a straight male.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be haemorrhoids or anal fissure. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX I have studied your case. As per your history and symptoms it looks like you are suffering from haemorrhoids or anal fissure. You may need to investigate further, like colonoscopy and ultrasound pelvis. I will advise to consult general surgeon for clinical examination. Stool softener may help in reducing bleeding. Local anaesthetic gel can help if anus area is painful. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: Can abdominal pain and itchy butt be indications of herpes? 7 minutes later
is hemorrhoids easy to deal with? and what about anal fissure? is there any possibility of it being anal herpes w/o having anal sex plus there does not seem to be blisters and it started like 6 days ago

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Hello again Yes hemorrhoids and anal fissure can be treated consulting general surgeon. Yes there is possibility of anal herpes with out doing anal sex. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: Can abdominal pain and itchy butt be indications of herpes? 4 minutes later
I saw a doctor and she checked my rectum and di not notice hemorrhoids but thought anal fissure and has given me steriods to put in my butt. I am hoping thay does away with ii! my question is if I had blood test ran in the ER and they came back with a good WBC count does that do away with certain stds?

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 10 hours later
Brief Answer: NO you need specific test Detailed Answer: Hello again, If you are suspecting STD do not delay for testing it. Do not hesitate to do specific test and if required you may need to repeat them after few days. WBC count is not specific for STD. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: Can abdominal pain and itchy butt be indications of herpes? 12 minutes later
so no stds can be kind pushed to the side?

Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: If you had exposure Its better to do test,until repeat test are done it cant be pushed to side. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. If you are satisfied with answer do not forget to rate this answer at end of discussion. Wishing you good health. Take care.