Can a simple head injury lead to headaches after a year?

I feel silly. It's been almost a. Year when I slipped on ice & fell on my head. Dx was a mild concussion. I had a cat scan (I believe) and it apparently looked ok. I had major headaches for a while. I took 2 weeks off of work at the time. Now, what the dr didn't know is 1 week later, I was hit on the side / top of my head again when the wind bleour truck door closed on my head. My husband was handing me something to put in the back seat & I was leaning over when it happened. Now, almost a year later, I still have an egg on my head there, it's still quite sensitive to touch. I don't get too many headaches any more but last night, when trying to fall asleep, I had 2 huge pops of pain in head. It may not be related. I feel kind of silly & not sure I should mention to my. Dr or insist on seeing a specialist. FYI..I have insurance & I have a pcp.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: thanks for the query Detailed Answer: Hello, I understand your concern I feel that your headache and swelling in head may not be related. So far as headache is concerned, if you do not have vomiting/blurring vision/loss of memory/ weakness of any side of body, you need not worry. Simple analgesics may help and you may see a local physician for the prescription. The swelling in head needs a clinical examination, as generally speaking local swelling due to trauma won't last long as you have mentioned. let me know in case you need any clarification
Follow-up: Can a simple head injury lead to headaches after a year? 3 days later
I don't have much short term memory since the injury. My family members have commented on it quite a few times. I'll go see my doctor regarding the swelling that still exists and my short term memory. Thanks!