Can a simple head injury lead to headaches after a year?
User rating for this question
I feel silly. It's been almost a. Year when I slipped on ice & fell on my head. Dx was a mild concussion. I had a cat scan (I believe) and it apparently looked ok. I had major headaches for a while. I took 2 weeks off of work at the time. Now, what the dr didn't know is 1 week later, I was hit on the side / top of my head again when the wind bleour truck door closed on my head. My husband was handing me something to put in the back seat & I was leaning over when it happened. Now, almost a year later, I still have an egg on my head there, it's still quite sensitive to touch. I don't get too many headaches any more but last night, when trying to fall asleep, I had 2 huge pops of pain in head. It may not be related. I feel kind of silly & not sure I should mention to my. Dr or insist on seeing a specialist. FYI..I have insurance & I have a pcp.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: thanks for the query Detailed Answer: Hello, I understand your concern I feel that your headache and swelling in head may not be related. So far as headache is concerned, if you do not have vomiting/blurring vision/loss of memory/ weakness of any side of body, you need not worry. Simple analgesics may help and you may see a local physician for the prescription. The swelling in head needs a clinical examination, as generally speaking local swelling due to trauma won't last long as you have mentioned. let me know in case you need any clarification
Follow-up: Can a simple head injury lead to headaches after a year? 3 days later
I don't have much short term memory since the injury. My family members have commented on it quite a few times. I'll go see my doctor regarding the swelling that still exists and my short term memory. Thanks!
People also viewed
- Headspins years after head injury
- Hiv 2nd generation assay tridot
- Premature degenerative thoracic disc disease
- Headache and dizziness after head injury
- Tingling sensation in collar bone after yawning
- Headache after head injury is this normal
- High bilirubin abdominal migraine
- Heartbeat speeds up during inhale
- Shoulder tension hand shakes
- Bad headache after head injury
- Spinal stenosis and irregular periods
- Speach recovery after a mild stroke
- Headache after head injury
- Hello i am having blood in my stool for a few months off an
- Hepatic function panel gptalt