Can a needle prick cause HIV?

Hello doctor, today i gave insulin to my mom and after taking out the needle is pricking towards my left hand finger and blood came from my finger, do i get aids ? am worried a lot
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Does your mother suffer from HIV? Detailed Answer: Hi, HIV infection is tranferrable from infected individual to another individual. If your mother is not affected by HIV / AIDS, your worries about HIV is unnecessary. You would definitely not get HIV infection from an non-infected individual. Hope this is clear. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards