Can a hypoglycemic take HCG diet?

Can a person with hypoglycemia take hcg diet? And what do you know about this diet?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

I do not suggest HCG diet for someone with Hypoglycemia. I personally do not suggest for any medical condition either.

It is not a good idea to have HCG diet if you want to lose weight.

Supplementation with HCG has not been proven to be effective as compared to placebo. Multiple double-blind placebo controlled studies have not demonstrated a beneficial effect than a simple calorie restriction.

This diet requires prolonged and severe calorie restriction. A balanced nutrition is healthier than calorie restriction. Your ultimate goal is to remain healthy.

You cannot sustain it long term.

Timely and regular meal with regular exercise is still the key.

Hope I answered your question.